Dr Sean Pert
Consultant Speech and Language Therapist
Sean has extensive clinical experience in the National Health Service and the Charity Sector. Sean worked in one of the few services in the UK to provide a home language assessment and intervention care pathway.
Sean has been a Senior Clinical Lecturer at The University of Manchester since 2014, where he teaches Clinical Phonetics (IPA Clinical Transcription), Speech Sound Disorder (SSD Analysis and Intervention), Bilingualism, and Voice & Communication Therapy (VCT) for trans and gender diverse individuals. Sean is also the Lead Consultant for the Indigo Gender Service, Greater Manchester, and the Chair of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
Sean is the first openly gay person, and the first man to hold the position of Chair of RCSLT (2022 to present).
Sean has been awarded the Sternberg Award for Clinical Innovation on an unprecedented three occasions. His online teaching methods were recognised with the Pandemic Pedagogy Teaching Award. Sean has also been nominated by his students for Most Inspiring Lecturer. His pro bono work with students and VCT was recognised with the Staff Volunteer of the Year and Making a Difference Award for Social Responsibility.
Find out more about Dr Pert’s professional interests and activities:
- CV: https://research.manchester.ac.uk/en/persons/sean.pert
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drseanpert/
- LOTE assessments:
- The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT), Certified Practising Full Member
- International Association of Communication Sciences and Disorders (IALP) Member (21/08/2023 to present) and Board member - Representative - Large Affiliated Societies
- Advance HE, Senior Fellow
- British Association of Gender Identity Specialists (BAGIS), Full Member
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), Full Member
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)